Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Funeral Of The Tongan King

This writing is put in my own words and I thought I could share this with you. The story you are about to read is from the New Zealand Herald.

It has been confirmed that Georg Tupou the 5th (King of Tonga) has died in the hospital of Hong Kong. He suffered from a kidney removal in United States last year, and I think he had cancer during the operation. It has been told that the funeral is going to be shorter than usual.

The funeral will be held Today at the Capital Nuku’alofa. I’m sure that my Aunties and Uncles in Tonga will be at the funeral. Maori Affairs Minister Pita Sharples, Labour leader David Shearer and many more will also be on the first flight to visit the deceased ruler.

On August the 1st the Kingdom of Tonga will crown Tupou’s brother the new King. (They both have the same name, but he will be called George Tupou the 5th.)

It is time to say our final farewell to the king, all I can say is that he will be dearly missed and there will be a piece of him in the heart of Tonga. This is a very blue day for tonga. The coffin was carried by 150 pallbearers and is burried in lavish state funeral

Farewell.

here are some of the pictures from the funeral.

No comments: